Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Cheery Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes


Cheesecake is my ultimate comfort food! Just with that sweet cheesy creamy goodness and that tart cherry taste OMG as I write this my mouth waters! LOL! Anyway I love cheesecake who doesn't? Cherry cheesecake is my favorite and I think the cupcake size should help with portion control because most of us would probably OD! I thought I would share This recipe I came across. I hope you like it :) 



Cherry Cheese Cupcakes
Ingredients:
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
5 eggs
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1-1/2 cups cherry pie filling
Mint leaves
Directions:


In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Spoon into foil-lined muffin cups. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes.

In a small bowl, combine sour cream and the remaining sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spoon onto cupcakes. Return to the oven for 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

Top with pie filling; garnish with mint. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.


Source: elegantdesserts

No comments:

Post a Comment